- Albuquerque Parks and Recreation has a winter break camp at Balloon Fiesta Park on January 2 - 4, 2013. Kids will enjoy games, crafts, cooking and a climbing wall.
- The Jewish Community Center (JCC) offers a winter break camp with gym games, a youth lounge and playground time. Before and after care is also available. The cost begins at $45 per day.
- The YMCA offers a holiday camp for kids ages 5 to 12. The weekly cost begins at $95 and financial assistance is available. The Y has camp locations at several Albuquerque locations as well as in Santa Fe.
- The International Indoor Soccer Arena is hosting a winter youth camp. Camp runs December 26 - 29 for two two hour sessions.
- The Lobo Winter Sports Camp gives kids a chance to develop their baseball pitching skills. Kids can refine hitting, pitching, catching and infield play with UNM coaching staff.
- SAGA offers kids ages 5 and up the chance to burn off their energy with gymnastics at their Holly Day camp. There are also games and holiday crafts to extend the fun.
- Southwest Basketball Camps offer camps for kids ages 6 to 10 or those 11 and up.
- Sports and Wellness has Blast! camps over winter break at four locations.
- Stone Age Climbing Gym has several days where kids can learn about the sport of rock climbing.
- Kids interested in learning how to ride horses can take the winter riding camp at Valencia Farms in Corrales. Cost is $80 per day.
Science and Technology Camps
- ABQ's Playroom offers a winter technology camp with LEGOs. Camps are available for kids 6 - 12 for five days at a cost of $175.
- Explora provides daily science oriented classes for kids 5 to 12. Kids will explore topics such as light, metals, measurements, bubbles, matter and more in their interactive, hands-on facility.
- The National Museum of Nuclear History offers winter day camps for children 6 to 13. Daily sessions cover topics such as grossology, storm chasers and kids in the kitchen.
Also, check your local library to see what special events and programs are available over the break.