The Bottom Line
Santa Fe, NM
3777 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM
- Fish tacos!
- Food is simple, fresh and delicious
- Friendly service
- Parking can be spotty at busy times
- Overly full feeling from large portions
- Prices are reasonable, in the $6-$9 range, and portions are large.
- Fiesta platters are available to feed parties of 8 or more.
- The kid's menu includes burrito, taco or quesadilla plates with beans and rice.
Guide Review - Bumble Bee's Baja Grill and Burgers
Bumble Bee's "beestro" rises above other burrito and taco joints because they use soft corn tortillas, like in Mexico, and because everything is fresh. Seafood is standard fare, with fish tacos prepared like they are in Baja.
Seasonings are just right, and there's plenty of fresh cilantro in the beans and salsa. The rice is refreshingly without the typical "Spanish" sauce. Platters can be customized, so ordering one two or three tacos is no problem. Platters come with plenty of sides.
Mix and match to get exactly what you're looking for, with chicken, fish, steak, shrimp, fish or lamb as options. There are also several vegetarian options, but try the Burrito de Tomas, with grilled asparagus and avocado for a light and delicious meal.